Come check out Old Pueblo Coin’s bid board
What is a bid board?
What is known as a “silent auction” in other industries is known as a “bid board” in the coin business. Many different coins and other items are pinned to boards, along with corresponding cards for people to write their bids on.
How it works:
Customers peruse items on the boards. If they see an item they like, they may place a bid by writing their unique bidder ID number and a dollar amount higher than the previous bid. When the bidding time ends, whoever has the highest bid on an item gets to purchase it for the amount they bid.
Starts each Saturday at 9:30am
Ends the following Saturday at 9:30am
- All new items every week
- Almost all items start below catalog price (Redbook, Greysheet, etc.)
- Six different boards
- One board with $1 opening bid on the first Saturday of every month
- Almost 300 items
- U.S. Coins / Currency
- Foreign Coins / Currency
- Silver Coins / Commemoratives
- other unique items
- Lots of interesting items to browse through
- If you enjoy hunting for a good deal, this is a great way to find one
- Need to fill holes in your wish list? The board might have it!
- Enjoy coffee and donuts while socializing with other collectors
- There’s nothing like the rush of winning an auction at a low price!